Thursday, November 19, 2015

2 ILP "Design" - Piktochart

For my second Independent Learning Project, I chose to create an educational infographic. I tried to use a different website, Canva, but I could not get the hang of it. I went back and did some research and found Piktochart, which offers great tools and templates for first-time infographic creators. While using a template probably would have been easier to use and more aesthetically pleasing, I did not find the template I was looking for so I created my own.

I started with a blank block, which is like a slide in Powerpoint, and added a background before "cloning" it to make enough room for all my information. I then uploaded photos and inserted text.

Overall, making this infographic was a lot of fun! I do wish I had more experience with this website, however, because I think a little practice would have improved the quality and design of my infographic.

The information provided is simplified to make it understandable for 5th graders. Check it out!

Click here to zoom!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Beautiful infographic. I like the photographic images you chose. The amount of information is manageable and comparable. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your infographic is really cool! I like that it gives just enough information about each planet to keep you interested but also get the message across. And it looks really nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I think the balance of aesthetic & information is perfect for engaging students.

    ReplyDelete